Growing a purposeful venture is a challenging journey for an entrepreneur and having an angel support with knowledge and money can be key for success. This Henley Business School and Henley Business Angels event is bringing together a fantastic group of people to share and learn with peers.
Panel (20 minutes)
- Chaired by Andrew Gaule Chair of the Business and Technology SIG, and Angel Investor will facilitate a panel which represents a mix of technology, business models and diversity from the Henley Business Angels
- Tim Brownstone, Founder and CEO of Kymira
- Rebecca Morter, Founder and CEO of Lone Design Club
- Denis Bidinost, Angel Investor
Discussion Groups (40 minutes) will then occur when all the attendees have an opportunity to join a group to share perspectives and questions related to a range of topics. Each circle of chairs, of around 10 people, will be facilitated by an Entrepreneur, Angel or Partner.
The themes of these groups will include:
- Building the founding and entrepreneurial team
- Running team and board meetings
- Due diligence for angel investing
- SEIS and EIS application
- Intellectual Property checklist and protection
- Effective admin and accounting for start ups
- International expansion
- Applying for grants (eg Innovate UK) and R&D tax credits
- Managing cash
- Winning and retaining customers
- Building a special materials and tech venture
- Food and consumer brands ventures
- Sustainable circular economy ventures and supply chains
Attendance is free, but please register to reserve your ticket.