It is predicted that one tenth of the worlds GDP will make its way onto the blockchain market by 2025.
The scope of transformation led by blockchain technologies will not be solely confined to finance. Blockchain technology will transform the way businesses interact and collaborate, creating new opportunities based upon the transparency of processes and data.
Engaging early with this technology and planning strategies now will ensure that opportunities are not missed. Leaders from multiple sectors should be ready to engage their stakeholders in discussions about how blockchains can benefit their organisations from the ground up.
This full-day executive/ senior management training course will empower management to realistically assess the risks and the opportunities on blockchains/cryptocurrencies to make informed decisions about the future of their business.
Who should attend?
- Business Leaders who would like to understand how blockchains can help them to expand their business
- C-level executives who would like to learn more about blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Solicitors providing legal advice to technological companies
What is the course outcome?
At the end of the course participants should be able
- To understand the fundamental principles of blockchains and distinguish different variants of the technology
- Understand different applications of blockchains such as cryptocurrencies, smart contracts and notary applications
- Be able to confidently communicate the impact of blockchains to colleagues
- Understand how blockchain technologies are being used today to resolve business problems
- Recognise the regulators view of blockchaintechnology
- Being able to identify the risks and the opportunities that blockchains offer
- Map a clear strategic roadmap to leverage the benefits of this new technology
What is the course agenda?
- A brief history of blockchains
- Why blockchains
- Public key cryptography for business people
How blockchain works
- What are blockchains
- Fundamental principles of the technology
- Existing technologies: Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
- Public blockchains
- Smart contracts
- Benefits and risk
Blockchain for traditional business
- Private blockchains
- Case studies and examples in notary applications
- Benefits and risk
The Future of Blockchain
- Current Landscape in finance and other business sector
- Myth buster
- Jargon buster
To access the special Digital Leaders price on any of the training, please enter the code ‘DL2019‘ at checkout in the techUK booking portal.
What is the cost of the course?
Digital Leaders and techUK Members – £395.00 + VAT
Non Members – £595.00 + VAT